skip to primary navigationskip to content

Changing your title

If you want to change the title of your dissertation, consult your supervisor and get their approval first. Then write to the Secretary of BoGS requesting permission to change your title, enclosing a letter of support from your supervisor. If there is also a substantial change in the topic, enclose a new outline of your work with the application. The best times to change your title are when you apply for PhD registration (end of first year) and when you apply for the appointment of examiners (final year).