The results of the election have now been confirmed by the Returning Officer.
- Ellie Chan has been elected Vice-President
- Nikta Daijavad has been elected Academic Affairs Officer
- Shanshan Wang has been elected Environmental Officer
- Brittney Shiny has been elected Events Officer
- Sophia D’Angelo has been elected International Officer
- Amalie Hoegfeldt has been elected Mature Undergraduates' Officer
- Aila Bicer has been elected Welfare Officer
- Yassamin Ansari has been elected Women's Officer
The elected officers will take up their offices on 1 January 2017, and serve as officers elect until then.
Paivi Pirhonen is no longer a candidate for Vice-President.
Academic Affairs Officer
- Nikta Daijavad: Virtual hustings – Facebook event –
- Julia Kenny: Virtual hustings – Facebook event –
Yassamin Ansari and Aila Bicer are no longer candidates for Environmental Officer.
No nominations – position will be filled by a co-option in due course.
Mohamed Elzek is no longer a candidate for International Officer.
Mature Undergraduates’ Officer
- Yassamin Ansari: – Virtual hustings – Facebook event
- Susanna O'Brien: Virtual hustings – Facebook event –
- Paridhi Sharma:
Zaneta Sedilekova is no longer a candidate for Women's Officer.
See more information about the Vice-President role.
See more information about the part-time roles.
The official rules have now been approved and published. They can be read.
Further rulings and clarifications by the Elections Committee:
- Candidates for part-time offices may nominate themselves for up to two roles. If nominated for more than one role, they must inform the Returning Officer of their order of preference before the close of the ballot – this will determine which role they take up if successful in both elections.
- Michaelmas 2016 freshers are eligible to vote and stand in these elections. They were included in the lists of registered graduate students provided by the Student Registry on 26 September, reflecting the graduate body at the start of Michaelmas Term.
The timeline for the election is:
- Nominations open: 00:01 Tuesday, 4 October
- Nominations close: 23:59 on Sunday, 9 October
- Online voting opens: 00:01 on Sunday 16 October
- Online voting closes (and provisional results declared): 23:59 on Monday 17 October
- Full results confirmed and published: 17:00 on Tuesday 18 October
From the confirmation of results until 1 January 2017, the successful candidates will be Officers Elect, and be invited to take part in the work of the GU under the supervision of their predecessors. The successful candidates will formally take office on 1 January.
These elections are run by the GU Elections Committee:
- Chad Allen, Returning Officer (email@example.com)
- Amatey Doku
- Mark Driver
- Fatima Baldo
In the first instance, please address all elections enquiries, including complaints, to the Returning Officer. The Elections Committee en masse can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org, and to get in contact with a specific members please go via the GU Manager (email@example.com).
For complaints about the conduct of the Returning Officer or the Elections Committee, you can contact the Junior Proctor (firstname.lastname@example.org).