Membership of the Graduate Union is automatic and free.
Full Members of the Graduate Union, who have the right to vote in elections, are students registered on the following courses:
PhD, MPhil, MSc, LLM, MFin, MBA, EMBA, MMus, MSt, MAst, Med, PGCE, MRes, MLitt, EngD, CPGS, Diploma in Economics, Postgraduate Diplomas in Law, Advanced Diploma in Theology and Religious Studies, MB, Vet MB
Non-Graduate Members of the Graduate Union, who are full members and are entitled to vote in our elections, except that for GU President, are:
- Mature undergraduates (defined as those Undergraduates who were 21 years of age or over at the commencement of their course of study)
- Undergraduates in the 4th year or higher of residence
Associate Members of the Graduate Union, who are not entitled to vote on any matter, are:
- Spouses or partners of Full Members
- Graduate research workers who are not registered graduate students or members of Regent House
- Graduate students at other Universities who are visiting Cambridge in connection with their studies
- Spouses or partners of Associate Members
Membership criteria are defined by the GU Constitution.