Membership of the Graduate Union is automatic and free.
- Students registered on the following courses:
- PhD, MPhil, MSc, LLM, MFin, MBA, EMBA, MMus, MSt, MAst, Med, PGCE, MRes, MLitt, EngD, CPGS, Diploma in Economics, Postgraduate Diplomas in Law, Advanced Diploma in Theology and Religious Studies, MB, Vet MB;
- Non-Graduate Members.
Non-Graduate Members are:
- Mature undergraduates (defined as those Undergraduates who were 21 years of age or over at the commencement of their course of study);
- Undergraduates in the 4th year or higher of residence.
Non-Graduate Members have the same rights as other Members, except that they cannot vote for the GU President.
- Spouses or partners of Full Members;
- Graduate researchers and postdocs who are neither students nor members of Regent House;
- Graduate students at other Universities who are visiting Cambridge in connection with their studies;
- Spouses or partners of Associate Members.
Associates are not Members of the GU, but are welcome to attend GU events and use GU services.